Griffith Visitor Information
Visitor Information: Griffith, NSW
Griffith, located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia, is a vibrant regional city known for its multiculturalism, rich heritage and abundance of fresh produce. Here is everything you need to know before visiting Griffith:
Griffith is approximately a 6-hour drive from Sydney and a 4-hour drive from Canberra. The Griffith Airport is serviced by Regional Express Airlines (REX) with daily flights from Sydney.
Griffith has a range of accommodation options including hotels, motels, B&Bs and holiday apartments. Some popular options include the Exies Bagtown, the Quest Griffith and the Mia Motel.
Things to Do
- Visit the Griffith Regional Theatre and see a show or performance
- Explore the Griffith Pioneer Park Museum and learn about the city's early history
- Take a drive out to Cocoparra National Park for stunning views and scenic walks
- Visit the local wineries and cellar doors in the surrounding region
- Swim or fish at Lake Wyangan or Lake Wyangan Reserve
- Attend one of the many events held throughout the year including the Griffith Cup Horse Races and the Italian Festival
Griffith is known for its amazing food and wine culture, with a focus on locally sourced produce. Some popular restaurants and cafes include Zecca Handmade Italian, Griffith Vietnamese Restaurant, and the Orange Spot Bakery.
- Griffith is extremely hot during summer, so make sure you bring plenty of sunscreen and water if visiting during this time.
- Try some of the local produce, including the famous Griffith oranges, while you are here.
- If visiting during the Italian Festival, make sure you come with an empty stomach - the food is amazing!
Griffith is an amazing city with so much to offer visitors. Whether you are a foodie, a lover of the arts or just looking for a relaxing break, Griffith has something for everyone.